We are pleased to announce that the Insurance Committee has established an Insurance Related Regulatory Think Tank. The Think Tank’s objective is to clarify and build the right space for the credit insurance product as a proper Credit Risk Mitigant viz. the regulation applicable to Banks.
To achieve that objective the Think Tank will:
- gather information with a view to compiling a library of information on regulatory topics to be available to ITFA members. This information will be made available on the ITFA website. As a starting point ITFA’s Guidelines on structure and content for CRR compliant non-payment insurance policies is available here
- act as a resource point for exchange of information between members
- act as a conduit for dealing with relevant member queries by keeping any queries anonymous and circulating to members for feedback.
The Think Tank would welcome the support of ITFA members and would welcome any contributions that members may have in particular:
1) by providing information (articles, useful websites etc...) to be considered for inclusion in the ‘library’
2) identifying insurance regulatory topics or queries for consideration by ITFA
3) sharing with the Think Tank, which other organisation ITFA should reach out to, to work on credit insurance / regulatory topics.
Communication with the Think Tank can take place via email. If preferred your communication will be forwarded in an anonymous way by the ITFA secretariat.
For any further questions, the members of the Regulatory Think Tank are:
- Carol Searle from Texel Finance
- Juliette Barre from XL Catlin
- Huw Owen from Liberty Specialty Markets
- Cengizhan Kaptan from Raiffeisen Bank International
- Sebastien Heurteux from BNP Paribas